8th Grade Enrollment
Eighth graders are required to take a Placement Test in the subjects of math, science, and English to help us determine the classes they will be placed in as a freshman. Please register online at Placement Testing for 8th Graders. The $25 testing fee will apply towards the $50 Application Fee should the student apply.
TO APPLY, please submit the following Admissions materials:
1) Student Information form - found on the right side of this page.
2) Application Fee of $25 (separate from Placement Testing $25 fee).
3) 7th grade final report card and 8th grade first semester report card.
4) Immunization Records, most recent copy.
5) Recent Photo of Student - must be a clear image of student ONLY, showing head and shoulders, squarely facing the camera. No dark glasses, filters, etc. Max file size is 5 MB. If photo is scanned, the resulting file must print as a 2" x 2" image or larger. Cropped images must show only head and shoulders.
6) Teacher Recommendations from math, science, and English current teachers. The online form can be found here.
Admissions materials can be scanned and uploaded to Admissions@smhscs.org or can be attached to the bottom of the Student Information form, found on the right side of this page.
If your application is completed by Jan. 31, you will receive an acceptance packet by the end of February.
TADS for Tuition Payments / Tuition Assistance
TADS (Tuition Aid Data Service) serves two purposes:
1) Pay tuition through monthly payments.
2) Determine eligibility for Tuition Assistance. An Offer of Assistance from SMHS is awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
Apply at www.myTADS.com. Allow two to three weeks for processing.
The TADS application process for St. Mary's opens Dec. 1. The deadline to apply for tuition assistance is Jan. 31. The admissions application must also be completed by this date to be considered for the first round of tuition assistance.
If your TADS application is completed by Jan. 31, your Tuition Assistance offer will be included in your acceptance packet that you will receive by the end of February.
UPON ACCEPTANCE, a packet will be mailed to you.
Return the following paperwork and fee to the Admissions Office.
- Course Request, signed.
- Tuition Contract, signed.
- Offer of Tuition Assistance, signed (if applicable).
- Registration Fee of $500.
Student's classes will be scheduled after registration fee has been paid and forms in the acceptance packet have been completed and returned.
DECREASE your tuition fee:
1. Purchase SCRIP through our Business Office. A percentage of the SCRIP profit is applied as a discount to your next year's tuition.
2. Pay tuition in full by June 15. A $300 discount if paid on time by cash or check. Or $150 discount if paid on time by credit card. (NOTE: Tuition assistance recipients do not qualify for this discount.)
3. One-half tuition paid by June 15 and 2nd half by Nov. 15. A $150 discount off second payment if paid on time by cash or check. Or $75 discount off second payment if paid on time by credit card. (NOTE: Tuition assistance recipients do not qualify for this discount.)