St. Mary's Families,
- GRADUATION. Seniors and senior parents, you should have an e-mail with very specific instructions for graduation this Saturday.
-- The weather is supposed to be amazing: sunny, low 70s at 9 am, upper 70s by the time we're done, just a little breezy. You might want to put some sunblock on or bring some with you. Bring some water as well. Looking forward to seeing you at The Grace Center.
-- Each senior is allowed to have two parents/guardians present for graduation. The guest allowance is for parents or guardians only.
-- DON'T FORGET your health screening questionnaire.
-- THANK YOU seniors and senior families for your patience as we have navigated change after change in the graduation ceremony guidance; we are grateful.
-- Livestream links for graduation:
- GRADUATION PICTURES. Senior parents, if you want copies of the pictures that Diane Torrence is taking at graduation on Saturday, BRING A FLASH DRIVE and she will provide digital copies of her pictures. Drop the flash drive with Mrs. Cichon when you check in, make sure your name is on it, and Diane will return it to you at a later date with your pictures. Thank you, Diane!
- SENIOR MASS. Senior Mass with Bishop Sheridan is at 10 am on Friday, June 19, at Holy Apostles. Each senior will be allowed to have a maximum of two guests.
- FALL SEMESTER. We were very pleased to see Governor Polis announce his belief that most schools will be open in the fall. What he said was, "Most likely, and I express a strong sense of optimism, most schools will be back largely in a normal way." That was our plan!
-- Tomorrow marks three months since we made the decision to shift to distance learning. We continue to plan for all contingencies, just as we have during the last three months. Whether we spend the entire academic year in the physical classroom, are forced to go to a distance/remote learning situation, or we have to adapt to some hybrid of in-person and distance, we are already planning for all of those contingencies.
-- We will keep the information flowing this summer as we gather more and more data about the impact of COVID-19 and as our plans continue to solidify based on that data.
--- Student and staff SAFETY will be a priority as we continue to deliver a superior faith-based education.
How You Can Help.
- EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND. We launched an Emergency Relief Fund appeal this week in honor of the Class of 2020 and their sacrifices during the last three months. A portion of the funds will be set aside for families who find themselves in an unforeseen financial hardship in the next academic year, and a portion will also be placed in an endowed fund with the St. Mary's Foundation for those in the future who might experience unexpected financial hardship in the future. You can give here:
- COLORADO CATHOLIC SCHOOLS DENIED COVID-19 FUNDS. Were you aware the federal government set aside billions of dollars in COVID-19 funding to help ALL our nation's schools? Were you aware that the Colorado Department of Education is refusing to give equal access to those funds to Catholic schools? Catholic schools across the state are asking their families to take 30 seconds and submit a petition to the state here:
- MARIAN HOUSE HELP NEEDED.
-- After almost 3 months of preparing and distributing sack lunches to our neighbors in need due to COVID-19, the Catholic Charities Marian House moved back to serving hot meals in a modified manner on June 8. Meals are prepared and plated by volunteers in the kitchen and then served to the clients in shifts at the tables by the paid staff.
-- If you (students and parents) have some time to help prepare and plate meals, please contact Connie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719.866.6554. THIS IS THE CORRECT E_MAIL. In previous updates I mis-typed Connie's e-mail. Sorry about that!
-- The shifts are 7 am to 10 am prep, 10 am to 2 pm plate the meals, and 7 am to 2 pm if you'd like to work both shifts. They are in most need of volunteers on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday but please let Connie know If there is another day you can volunteer. Students should bring a SMHS Community Outreach Form if they'd like to earn hours. This is a great cause, and the Marian House is part of the St. Mary's family as St. Mary's parent and board member Andy Barton is the president of Catholic Charities. Thank you!
Prayer. Please continue to pray with us this summer!:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School