St. Mary's Families,
Prayer. Everything we do at St. Mary's begins with prayer. Please pray with us:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
- El Paso County is currently experiencing a "spike" in COVID-19 cases. Looking across the community, it is clear that the increase in positive cases is not because of what is happening in our local schools. El Paso County Public Health officials have stated that schools are doing a good job of controlling the environment inside the schools. That said, all the local schools' abilities to remain in-person will be impacted by what happens on a county-wide level.
- El Paso County is currently in "Safer at Home Level 1 Cautious" (click to see a chart of the levels). As we watch the escalating numbers, it would not be a surprise if El Paso County moved to a more restrictive level in the near future.
- We are committed to maintaining both our in-person and hybrid modes of instruction. However, if El Paso County moves to a more restrictive level, we will have to adjust accordingly.
- If the county changes the "Safer at Home" level, we will update the St. Mary's community with impacts to the school as soon as possible.
- If cases in the community continue to increase, it is likely that eventually we will experience cases in the school, and that will impact our ability to preserve in-person instruction.
- We can all do some small things to do our part to preserve our educational options. We need to remind our children (and our adults!) of the importance of:
-- Wearing your mask, both in and out of school (and wash it regularly, daily is best)
-- Maintaining physical distancing
-- Do not congregate in groups of more than 10 or from more than two households
-- If you're sick, stay home!
-- Get your flu shot
-- And, of course, wash your hands
- We are grateful for everything you are already doing to support our students and staff. Let's keep demonstrating that patience and understanding for each other during these most interesting times.
Deacon Rob Rysavy
St. Mary's High School