St. Mary's Parents,
Prayer. Everything we do at St. Mary's begins with prayer. Please pray with us:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
- PARENT SURVEY. Parents. As you know, we made the decision to return to full in-person instruction Monday, Oct. 5. It is still our intention to do so. Since making that decision, we had a positive COVID-19 test in the school and we pivoted to 100% remote instruction this week. So the administration decided we want your feedback to ensure we are moving in the right direction.
-- Please complete this ONE QUESTION survey no later than ***NOON on ***THURSDAY, OCT. 1. We also left a space for a free response if you would like to include any comments.
-- Back in July, almost 70% of you reported you wanted to start in full in-person mode. What we have heard since then has reinforced that in-person goal in our minds, but we want your feedback. It will take you 15 seconds (maybe) to complete this survey, please give us your feedback before THURSDAY NOON.
-- Keep in mind, for families that prefer remote instruction, we will support you in that approach.
- PARENT VIDEO MEETING. We had several parent video meetings this summer, and the feedback then was we should continue to do those meetings periodically. Again, we're listening, mark your calendar now and join us! Here is the info.
-- 6PM, THURSDAY, OCT. 1. Meeting link: meet.google.com/gbg-kcnr-moq
How You Can Help.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES.
-- Classrooms. When a teacher needs to go 100% remote while the students are still in the classroom, we need an adult in the classroom to ensure we have supervision of the students. A handful of classrooms need long-term support, some classrooms may need occasional support. If you are interested, please let Mrs. Jacques know (firstname.lastname@example.org). A background check will be required.
-- Landscaping. Through the generosity of several donors, we are upgrading our landscaping. We will need some volunteer help in the next week or two to replace some of the 100+ sprinkler heads we have. If you have skills and/or experience working with sprinkler systems, we could use some help. Please let Dr. Mills know (email@example.com).
Parents, Students, how are you doing?
- COMMUNICATION. By now you have probably heard that Colorado Springs Christian School lost a student who took his own life. A number of us in the community knew the student, or the parents, or both. We have reached out to the leadership of CSCS and offered our prayers and support. Every life is precious. No student, no family, no school should experience this trauma, and preventing that trauma starts with simply having regular conversations with those around us.
- KINDNESS. Aleteia.org is a great site for short inspirational articles. I hope all of us want our children to be kind. Here is a short article, linked below and available on our website as one-page pdf, that reminds us kindness begins at home. https://aleteia.org/2020/09/27/kindness-begins-in-the-home/
- MORNING PRAYER, PLEDGE AND ANNOUNCEMENTS. 7:45 am. Begin your day with holiness, patriotism and an info update. Thank you to Mr. Rick Champion for getting our days started right! Recommend you sign in using your St. Mary's e-mail for automatic access to the meeting. Using a non-St. Mary's account requires that someone individually admit you. Starting tomorrow, if you are using a non-St. Mary's account and we don't recognize you (i.e. if your account is named "Cool Dude" or "Galactic Overlord"), you probably won't be admitted.
Here is the link: meet.google.com/erd-wzej-bfr
- Congratulations to Sophia Bultema! This past weekend, Sophia earned the GOLD MEDAL at the Colorado Junior Olympics in International Trap shooting. She also earned another GOLD MEDAL (by a large margin) in the National Para-Trap competition, again in the International Trap discipline.
- Cross Country. Our XC team turned in a great performance last weekend. Here is how the boys JV squad finished: James Beam, 4th; Carlos Trechter, 6th; and William Trechter, 8th! Boys Varsity placed 2nd as a team with Dylan Brush placing 3rd and Jackson Neppl placing 5th! Cameron Richter placed 6th for the ladies.
Deacon Rob Rysavy
St. Mary's High School