Below is continually updated list of places St. Mary's students can volunteer to earn service hours to fulfill their community service requirements. The community service form, which needs to be completed for hours to be counted, can be downloaded here.
Zoo Needs Volunteers to Help with Run to the Shrine
Due to the popularity of Run to the Shrine, the zoo has added a second date—Sunday, May 16—and is in need of volunteers to help staff the event.
Possible volunteer positions include:
- Water Stations throughout the course (have water cups ready to go for runners passing by)
- Course Marshals (keep runners headed in the right direction)
- T-Shirt handout for runners/walkers in Lodge at Moose Lake
Specific volunteer roles will be provided on event day, but plan on checking in at 2:20 p.m. and being at the event until 8 p.m. We will send you further volunteer details and arrival information closer to the event date.
Other volunteer details:
- Masks will be required for all volunteers for the duration of the event.
- All volunteers will receive a FREE Run to the Shrine volunteer shirt, featuring this year's animal mascot.
- Volunteers under the age of 13 are not permitted. Volunteers between the ages of 13 and 17 will need a parent, guardian or school advisor with them at all times.
You will need to provide the following information for yourself and others you may be signing up:
- Contact information
- Date of birth
- Shirt size
- Accommodation needs
Where: Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
When: May 16
If interested, contact: Sign up to volunteer for by CLICKING HERE.
Bingo is Back!
St. Mary’s receives significant financial benefit from bingo sessions, and volunteers help increase the overall revenue. St. Mary’s sessions are on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Volunteers must be 14 years old. Please check the SignUp Genius to get Community Service hours and support the school at the same time: www.signupgenius.com/go/4090d45ada829a3fa7-operation
Where: Bingo World, 272 S. Academy Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80910
When: Every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
If interested, contact: Joe Trechter at email@example.com
For more information on the Community Outreach Program,
see our Community Outreach page.