St. Mary's Families,
- MEET CODE for TOMORROW (Tuesday) Prayer, Pledge, Announcements:
- FAREWELL COACH MALLOY. Coach Malloy announced today that he has accepted a position as the Dean of Students at Rampart High School. That move has been in the works for a while, and it is a tremendous opportunity for Coach as Rampart has roughly 1,800 students. We are very sorry to see Coach go, but we are excited for him and this new opportunity. Coach Malloy might be heading off to be a Rampart Ram, but he will still be a part of the St. Mary's Family. "Once a Pirate, Always a Pirate."
- GRADUATION. We will keep you informed when the state approves our graduation plan. If approved, graduation will take place at The Grace Center, Saturday, June 13, at 10 am. Only seniors and some staff will be approved by the county and state to attend. The event will be LIVESTREAMED so families can observe.
- ENGINEERING. Kudos to the members of Mr. Kloenne's Engineering Design and Development class who made their capstone project presentations to a very tough panel of judges from our community last Friday afternoon. The two teams (Brennan Belei, Ben Bodnar, Caitlin Cairns, Katie Morales; and Corinne Czelatdko, Katherine Chartier, Morgan Trechter) gave excellent presentations, and it was a privilege to listen to them and see the fruits of a four-year engineering journey.
How You Can Help.
- BALLOT INITIATIVE. From Mary Simmons, St. Mary's parent and Students for Life club adviser: Some of you had the opportunity a few months ago to sign the "Due Date Too Late" Ballot Initiative 120 petition which would put a statute change on this November's Colorado ballot to ban abortion in our state after 22 weeks of gestation, the point of viability of the baby outside of the womb. Colorado is one of only seven states in the country that sadly still allows abortion for any reason up until birth with no restrictions. This initiative would allow Colorado to say "NO" to late term abortion and would be a good first step in saving precious lives. We needed 124,632 valid signatures statewide to get this initiative on the ballot and came up about 10,000 short during the first signing period so we are now entering a 15-day "cure" period from May 15-29 during which we have the opportunity to collect the additional needed signatures. If you are at least 18 and a registered voter, and if you DID NOT SIGN THE PETITION THE FIRST TIME AROUND and would like to, I would be happy to don my mask and grab my hand sanitizer and bring a petition to you to sign! For more info or to coordinate a time to meet, please call/text me at 719.233.1558 or email me at Simmonsmjm@aol.com. Thank you! For LIFE... (And Mary, I apologize for misspelling your name yesterday!)
How You DID Help.
- RAFFLE TICKETS. Remember last month when every daily update included the words "Raffle Tickets"? Well, you ended up selling more than 4,400 raffle tickets, which was actually a little bit MORE than the total number sold last year. That was aided by our no. 1 selling class: our SENIORS. Seniors, way to finish strong. Now about that class ice cream party... We're working on that.
-- TOP SELLER OVERALL: Larissa Rodriguez (Class of '22)
-- TOP SENIOR: Monica Cichon
-- TOP JUNIOR: Megan Clavenna
-- TOP SOPHOMORE: Megan Uhl
-- TOP FRESHMAN: Emerald Cordova
Thank you to everyone who sold Raffle Tickets, you made a difference here and we are grateful!
Parents, Students, how are you doing?
- STUDENTS. Yesterday was Mother's Day. Did you tell your Mom you love her? If not, Go. Tell. Her. Right. Now.
- SENIORS. Congratulations on reaching the academic finish line of your St. Mary's experience. We still have a few more things to tackle (like GRADUATION), but the tough part is firmly in the rear view mirror. As I said before, your studies at St. Mary's may be concluded, but you will always be a member of the St. Mary's family. Forward we go.
Prayer. Please pray with us as a community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School