St. Mary's Families,
An Important Announcement:
- After 24 years of incredibly loyal and dedicated service to St. Mary's, our principal, Mr. Dave Hyland has announced his intention to step down after the seniors graduate. The sense of "service before self" runs deep with Mr. Hyland as he also served our nation as an Air Force officer for more than 23 years before coming to St. Mary's. He has served the St. Mary's family as a math teacher, assistant principal, and principal. Perhaps one of his greatest joys here was leading his girls softball team as their head coach for the past 24 years. It is worth noting he was named the league coach of the year on multiple occasions. Most recently, his leadership guided our faculty from in-person classroom teaching to successful distance learning on 12 hours notice.
There are no amount of words, there is no adequate vocabulary, that can be employed to properly thank a person for the kind of commitment that Dave Hyland has made to our school. Nevertheless, I will say THANK YOU, SIR, for your service and commitment to this institution. Pirates are a seafaring bunch, so when it is time to finally step away, we will say, "Fair winds and following seas." Once a Pirate, Always a Pirate.
As with everything at St. Mary's of late, we have a plan. Mr. Mike Biondini has agreed to step in as our principal after the seniors graduate and lead our faculty and students into the next academic year. Like Mr. Hyland, Mr. B is no stranger to St. Mary's. He is a St. Mary's graduate,and in addition to being a 17 year fixture in our guidance department, Mr. B previously served as our school principal back when I was a board member. Although I have only been in my current role for two years, I worked closely with Mr. B in the past and I am grateful for his willingness to step into the principal role after graduation and build on Mr. Hyland's good work.
Please join me in thanking both of these esteemed and dedicated St. Mary's family members for their service to our school and community.
Saint Catherine of Siena, pray for us.
- More about St. Catherine: www.franciscanmedia.org/saint-catherine-of-siena/
- Daily Mass readings:
- Mass readings for the Memorial of St. Catherine of Siena, Virgin and Doctor of the Church:
- PRESIDENT VIDEO MESSAGE:
- MEET CODE for TOMORROW (Thursday) Prayer, Pledge, Announcements:
http://meet.google.com/msf-zkmf-eda - SIGNING CEREMONY. TOMORROW, after prayer & pledge, we will celebrate with Alexa LaMack as she signs a letter of intent to play volleyball at Dominican University. Congrats Alexa! School announcements will follow the signing ceremony.
- SCHEDULE TYPO. The last school day for the underclass students is Friday, May *15*... Not Friday, May 14 like I wrote yesterday... Very sorry for the error!
- We go forward, always forward.
How you can help.
- Finish strong students. You have an opportunity here, make the most of it.
- SENIORS & DUTCH. Seniors, if you have already told us what you want from Dutch Bros on Friday, good on you. If not, the SIGNUP LINK is below. No signup, no Dutch...
Prayer. Please continue to pray with us and pray with our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School