St. Mary's Families,
Saint Louis de Montfort, pray for us.
- More about St. Louis:
Saint Peter Chanel, pray for us.
- More about St. Peter: www.franciscanmedia.org/saint-peter-chanel/
- Daily Mass readings: www.usccb.org/bible/readings/042820.cfm
- Readings for the Memorial of St. Louis de Montfort
- Readings for the Memorial of St. Peter Chanel
- SCHEDULE AND FINALS UPDATE. Parents and students, we are listening. Mr. Hyland and his leadership team have made the following important changes to our current schedule:
-- Wednesday, May 6. Cap and gown distribution (details to follow).
-- Monday, May 11. LAST DAY of class for senior students.
-- Friday, May 14. LAST DAY of class for underclass students.
-- NO FINAL EXAMS. Period.
-- AP exams are still being administered from May 12 to May 20.
-- May 18-21. Book return and locker clean out (details to follow).
-- Graduation: NO CHANGE. June 13. This event will likely be SENIORS and PARENTS only. We've been told we need a waiver to conduct an in-person ceremony, but there does not appear to be a process for submitting the waiver yet. In other words, we're being asked to comply with a process that may not exist.
-- STAY TUNED for updates in case the world changes (again) and for additional details on the schedule updates.
- SIGNING CEREMONY. On THURSDAY, after prayer & pledge, we will celebrate with Alexa LaMack as she signs a letter of intent to play volleyball at Dominican University. School announcements will follow the signing ceremony.
- MEET CODE for TOMORROW (Wednesday) Prayer, Pledge, Announcements:
- PERSPECTIVE. Final exams and last days of class are important. Let's take a moment and remember that roughly ONE MILLION Americans have contracted COVID-19, and more than 50,000 have died. Some of those people who have gotten sick, and a handful who have died, have family here in St. Mary's. Stay healthy, stay safe, stay informed, and keep things in perspective.
- NO ON-CAMPUS SUMMER SCHOOL. We are looking at some online options for a handful of our most popular summer school classes. Details to follow, stay tuned.
How you can help.
- YOU ALREADY DID. For those of you that provided constructive feedback through the parent survey, through student feedback, through individual communication; we listened, and we will continue to do so. We cannot satisfy every individual need, but when a clear trend in the feedback emerges, we will listen, assess, and take action if we can. THANK YOU to those of you who took the time to provide us with thoughtful, professional feedback.
- JOLLY ROGER: If you did not get your individual pictures taken for the Jolly Roger year-end addition--this includes any seniors that we did not find the day we took photos, especially Campus Ministry and 2nd period TAs! Please text a photo to Brooklyn Valdez or email her to make sure that we include you!
Parents, Students, how are you doing?
- FINISH STRONG. Yes, finals may have been canceled. Yes, distance learning has been challenging for the 95 percent of students in the WORLD who are in distance learning mode right now. Yes, the temptation to check out is significant. That said, you will never regret doing your best and finishing strong.
Prayer. Please continue to pray with us and pray with our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School