St. Mary's Families,
Saint Zita, pray for us.
- More about St. Zita: www.newadvent.org/cathen/15762a.htm
- Daily Mass readings: www.usccb.org/bible/readings/042720.cfm
- Today is the sixth anniversary of the canonization of St. John Paull II. Read about him if you have a few minutes. Pay special attention to the great suffering he endured and embraced in his incredible life. Here is a short snippet about him:
For a deeper dive into his life, there are many excellent books, here are just a few:
- "Witness to Hope" by George Weigel
- "The End and the Beginning: Pope John Paul II" also by Weigel, covers the end of JP II's pontificate.
- "Pope John Paul II" by Tad Szulc (a personal friend of JP II)
- If your attention span is shorter than a book, the Knights of Columbus produced an excellent DVD about JP II: "Liberating a Continent: John Paul II and the Fall of Communism."
- MEET CODE for TOMORROW (Tuesday) Prayer, Pledge, Announcements:
- THANK YOU. We received responses to the parent survey from more than 50 percent of our families. That is a VERY high response rate for a survey that was only open for a short period of time. There is a lot of write-in/narrative feedback. Again, thank you for that. We are digesting the data and will provide feedback to the community in the next few days.
- GRADUATION. We received some positive feedback (NOT approval - YET) for our in-person graduation plan. Given the size of our school, and the potential size of our proposed gathering, we believe the approval process will be local (county) and not at the state. Stay tuned, we are pushing on this as hard as we can.
- As always, lots of conflicting and opinionated information out there about COVID-19. Consider your sources of info, stay informed.
Parents, Students, how are you doing?
- UPLIFTING MOMENT. Do you need a smile? Well, it's still the Easter Season, and here is a stay-at-home version of Handel's Hallelujah chorus. Thank you to Karen Bishop for the forward.
- YEARBOOK: Yearbook is STILL working on the Spring Insert. Please send pictures ASAP. It's easy to send pictures go to www.replayit.com. Sign in for "St. Mary's High School" and follow the instructions to upload pictures. Things we'd like to see from you:
-- At home with family
-- Practicing for your sports (the more creative the better!)
-- Working on school
-- Anything fun!
Prayer. Please continue to pray with us and pray with our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School