St. Mary's Families,
- PLEASE WATCH. Here's the link to the Wednesday president video: www.smpirates.org/article/228837?org=smhs
- 7:45 am LINK for tomorrow (Thursday): meet.google.com/vwg-pzbi-xji
- PLEDGE. Follow up on yesterday. I received quite a few positive messages from those of you who watched the Pledge video telling me it was interesting, so I'm re-running it today. Again, this was recorded many years ago, but it is as true today as it was when it was first recorded: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HGHdFmu5GU
- SCHEDULE: Reminder, it's Holy Week. No school on Good Friday or Easter Monday.
- SNOW? Good news and more good news. The good news is there is snow in the forecast for next week. This is Colorado, and we love the snow here. The more good news is we're in distance learning mode, so there's no need to take a snow day and fall behind just because the white stuff might be flying around.
How you can help.
- GALA. Students, encourage the people who purchased Raffle Tickets from you to REGISTER and "attend" the virtual Gala 8 pm to 9 pm on Saturaday, April 18. Registration is FREE, and the virtual event is only ONE HOUR. Those who want to register can go to: https://e.givesmart.com/events/dVy/
Or they can go to our new website, smpirates.org, click on "GALA" and then click on "REGISTER." We'll be showing some student videos, telling some jokes, and having FUN. BTW, you know it's okay to have fun in the midst of all these challenges, right?
Need Some Inspiration?
- GRADUATE SERVICE. I received an e-mail today letting me know that Tenley Barr '11, who is an ICU nurse up in Denver is currently in New York serving as a volunteer working with COVID-19 patients. Tenley was a great student and great athlete during her time at St. Mary's (I think Caitlin Cairns recently broke some of Tenley's swimming records). And Tenley is obviously a great person as well. Please pray for her and for all of the medical professionals in our St. Mary's community.
- WINNER. Congratulations to Megan Clavenna for being the first to answer yesterday's trivia question. What is the Latin inscription on Rusty? "In Hoc Signo Vinces." Translation: "In this sign, thou shalt conquer." The "sign" being the Cross of Christ. Picture of the Latin inscription attached. APOLOGIES for the picture getting stripped off the e-mail yesterday. Several of you pointed that out to me. It's not just students and teachers who are arguing with the technology...
- TOMORROW is Holy Thursday. Finish Holy Week strong. Do something special tomorrow, as well as on Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter. This is the most important time of the year for us as Christians, so please don't let shelter-in-place or face masks or anything else diminish the importance of this special time of year.
Prayer. In light of this special liturgical season, please continue to pray with us and pray with our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.