St. Mary’s High School President Position Announcement
Open Date: October 1, 2017 Closing Date: November 30, 2017
Start Date: July 1, 2018
Inspired by FAITH, Empowered by KNOWLEDGE, United by COMMUNITY
St. Mary’s High School seeks an innovative leader with a genuine commitment to Catholic education, experienced in educational administration, development, and relationship building who will embrace the mission and vision of the school and take it to the next level to ensure financial sustainability and enrollment growth for the next 130 years. As the only Catholic high school in southern Colorado serving students from Castle Rock to Pueblo and Woodland Park to Falcon, St. Mary’s High School, recently named as the Best High School in Colorado Springs, continues to attract the brightest students in the surrounding community. See ‘About SMHS’ at www.smhscs.org.
Operating under the president/principal leadership model, the president functions as the Chief Executive Officer of the school, appointed by and reporting to the Board of Directors. Supported by the principal, who reports to the president and focuses on day-to-day academic operations, the president serves as the overall leader and visionary for the school, ensuring sound fiscal management and maintaining accountability for results.
Collaborative and inspirational leaders with a demonstrated capacity for organizational leadership, sound fiscal management, and administration who are committed to Catholic education are encouraged to apply. This is an outstanding opportunity for a passionate, visionary leader who can build effective teams, ensure accountability, drive results, and generate enthusiastic engagement of community stakeholders. www.smhscs.org/employment
What a career at St. Mary’s High School can offer you…
- As a member of the St. Mary’s High School community, you will enjoy top down support for modeling integrity and trust.
- We pride ourselves in providing a college preparatory program designed to prepare students for life after high school.
- We value people and demonstrate it through a supportive work environment, small class sizes, seasoned faculty and staff who care about their students and the opportunity to make an impact.
- We cultivate a strong focus on community through our student volunteerism and safe environment.
- As a leader in college preparatory secondary education for more than 130 years, we offer the stability vital for fulfilling, growth-oriented careers.
- We offer excellent benefits and competitive pay.
- Colorado Springs, rated by U.S. News and World Report in 2017 as one of the most desirable places to live, offers a mild climate and a diverse population. Nestled at the base of the Rocky Mountains, Colorado Springs is the perfect blend of mountain and city living. With more than 300 days of sunshine a year, enjoy nature at its finest. From hiking to biking and theater to food and wine festivals, Colorado Springs offers something for everyone.
- Most candidates will have completed a bachelor’s degree in education or related field. A master’s degree in school administration or educational leadership is preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated passion for Catholic education and living the values of the Catholic faith. Most candidates will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a college level or college preparatory Catholic school program with at least 3 years in an administrative or senior management role. Experience in the president/principal model of governance and/or experience utilizing an advancement model is highly desirable.
- Join a Catholic college preparatory institution of unparalleled success as president of St. Mary’s High School’s. For more information and to apply, visit
Applications must be received by November 30, 2017.
Faculty and Staff Openings
St. Mary’s High School is seeking to fill a full-time position on our custodial staff to start immediately. Responsibilities include general building cleaning and maintenance, ideal hours (though flexible) are 7 am to 3:30 pm with a half-hour lunch. Proposed pay is $10/hour.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit an application (below) and contact JT Joyce at 719.635.7540, ext. 24, to set-up an interview. All applicants must submit to an extensive background check.
No openings at this time.